January 3, 2024
When it comes to permanently replacing missing teeth, dental implants are the name of the game! However, for some patients, it’s not only about replacing their pearly whites, but also about saving money—which is why it might be tempting to opt for cheaper implants. Continue reading below to learn more about a few reasons why you shouldn’t opt for cheaper dental implants and why you should instead rely on your trusted dentist for this life-changing solution!
5 Reasons You Should Avoid Cheap Dental Implants
It might seem tempting to want cheaper dental implants; after all, who doesn’t want to save money on such an investment? However, pursuing this route comes with several risks to your oral wellness as well as the implants themselves, including:
- Possibility of Implant Breakage – If your implants are made from inadequate materials, they can break due to the pressures created when you bite and chew.
- High Chance of Nerve Damage – Research showsthat patients are likely to experience nerve injury due to their implants if they opt for cheaper ones, as well as difficulty and pain when eating and talking.
- Proper Integration Might Not Occur – Cheaper implants might be unable to properly integrate with the jawbone. If osseointegration does not occur, implant failure is very likely.
- Potential Damage to Adjacent Teeth – Cheaper implants can put any remaining natural teeth you have in danger of being damaged, which can lead to you needing future restorative work!
- Possibility of Conditions like Hyperplasia – Inflammatory fibrous hyperplasia can develop as a result of poorly fitting dental implants. It’s characterized by swelling and excess tissue around the area.
Why You Should Trust Your Dentist for Dental Implants
The bottom line is that you should trust your dentist to deliver your dental implants. They will always use high-quality materials that aren’t prone to breaking and are designed to last for several decades. They also know your mouth quite well, meaning they can craft your restorations to the exact specifications needed to ensure that your smile looks great and functions perfectly. Finally, they’ll oversee the entire process and follow up with you afterward to ensure that your implants are a true lifetime investment in your smile!
About the Practice
Indigo Dental of Daytona Beach has proudly served the dental needs of patients and families in the area for several years, offering a wide range of services including life-changing tooth restoration solutions like dental implants. If you have missing teeth are you’re ready to rebuild your smile, you can trust that they’ll be able to deliver restorations that aren’t just beautiful, but also functional and durable. To schedule your consultation, feel free to contact the practice online or by phone for assistance: (386) 253-3629.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.